Saturday, January 13, 2007


I have finished my Debbie Bliss project! Took me a while, because a rib pattern throughout an entire project feels, after a while, as is it's taking you twice as long as a normal sweater. But it's done and I wore it today for the first time.
Pattern: Shaped Edge Sweater, from Out of Town. I knit it in small with 14 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran, and ended with only half a ball left over. I had to shortern the raglan part of the sleeve, because while my gauge was accurate from a number of stitches point of view, it was off for the number of rows (24 rows for 4 inches instead of 26 rows). And since the whole portion of the sleeve is calculated on # of rows rather than measured length, I ended up with a humongous sleeve. I had to frog part of one sleeve, recalculate the decreases and it was fine. The sleeves are still long, but I wanted them long, and I just roll the ends when I don't want the length. I also made the turtleneck a bit shorter, just because I didn't want that long.
It is a very comfy, soft and warm sweater to wear. I love it!
The real colour is actually darker than this, more wine-coloured (the colour code is 330013, for those who are interested). The flash makes it look a lot lighter than it is. My next project is the shrug from the Debbie Bliss Cathay book in a lovely blue colour.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is fabulous! It looks like a good fit and you chose a gorgeous color!

4:48 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

LOVE IT! That is the sweater I tried on at her trunk show. It's on my knit list.

10:23 AM  
Blogger trixie stix said...

Beautiful! I am inspired to get back to my project.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home