Friday, March 23, 2007

Simple Wrapover finished.

Yea! I was not in my grove on this one, so I had to re-knit the fronts (several times). But I am happy with how it turned out. You wouldn't know it on my blog because I got so frustrated with myself. The sweater is soft and feather light. I love the dark blue color, but it's so hard to photograph. Here are the details:


Pattern: Simple Wrapover from Alpaca Silk Two by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK in Dark Blue
Needles: Bamboo US 7 Circ
Started: December 4, 2006
Finished: March 21, 2007
Notes: After getting through the wonky increases on front panels, all went smooth. In retrospect, I could have made the next size or two down. The alpaca is quite stretchy, which I did not factor in. Lesson learned. I also used 3 yds of ribbon to allow for a wrap all the way around for a front tie, instead of tie in the back.

I have some baby knitting to do for a friend, so I am turning to another Debbie Bliss pattern or two. Watch for details.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

This looks great! I love the colour.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, that's lovely! That yarn is on sale lots of places, too... Hmmmmm... :)

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there

I'm making this wrapover top as we speak. I am a bit confused because your front pieces appear to have a straight edge up until where the ribbon goes around, whereas mine has a diagonal edge all the way from bottom to top. Yours looks more right than mine does! Have I missed something in the pattern? (Email bryonyw@hotmail.com)

Thanks

Bryony

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home