Friday, January 19, 2007


I joined the KAL awhile back, but didn't cast on until this month. I'm making the Cable & Rib Jacket from Wish You Were Here. I'm really enjoying this pattern so far. The twisted stitches mixed in with the rib pattern keep the knitting interesting. I love the texture of the pattern and the stitch definition of the yarn. I'm using Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton (the pattern calls for DB Cotton Cashmere). I've had this yarn in my stash for two years and have been waiting to find the right pattern for it. I finally found one I'm excited about. The yarn is nice and soft. It's a little splitty though. Only a problem with the twisted stitches and if I drop a stitch. I can deal with it. I'm looking forward to finishing the back and getting to the front panels which involves cables.

Here's mine:




I'm a little over halfway done with the back. This project involves a zipper which I've never attempted before. So anyone with experience and tips, your suggestions are welcome. For now I'll enjoy the knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Hi Annette,

Looks good so far! I love the Wish You Were Here book - there's so many good patterns.

I haven't put a zipper into my knitting before, but I just taught myself how to do it as part of sewing the skirt I just made. I would assume the technique is the same, but done by hand instead of on the sewing machine.

I used the pictures in Sewing with Confidence by Nancy Zieman to teach myself how to put in the machine-sewn zipper. Also, I think Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman explains how to do it on one of her sweater patterns that has a zipper.

8:16 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

That is beautiful. It will be lovely in white.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home