Monday, January 22, 2007

I am having gauge issues. I hate gauge issues. Oh, and I hate reading directions correctly issues. And executing simple MA issues. And project attention deficit issues. And . . . Need I go on? This project has not been blessed by the knitting goddess.

I love Debbie Bliss Patterns and Debbie Bliss yarn. Period. End of Story. But I don't like when I rush into something, completely disregarding my responsibility to pay attention. It seems that I jumped in too fast. In my excitement, I did not read the pattern correctly or count my number of stitches on the gauge swatch correctly. I think Mr. Rogers sang:
I like to take my time to do it right.
I just might have to make a mistake
If I should have to hurry up
And so I like to take my time.
Well, I did not listen to Mr. Rogers on this one. I will be tinking back to before the increases on the front left panel. Ouch. That's 30 rows. Guess I'll slow down a bit.

*This is a partial post from my blog. Sorry, but I wanted to give an update on the wrap, but have little time right now. I'll do better next time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having issues with this project - some are just cursed from the get-go, I do believe that. At least the color is nice!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger trixie stix said...

Thanks. In my heart of hearts, I hope this is not one of them. I'll keep pluggin' away and see.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home